BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

I'm Afrigator'd.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

FACING OUR MORTALITY!!,

Wheew.... it's bin a crayzee week and Wednesdae aint even here yet... What with the bevy of tests and preparations for examz, and also the mini-dinner prepared for a friend's birth-dae yesterday, it realli has been one helluva week... And to cap it all, yesterday, I came face to face with the reality that DEATH really has no specific time or place and that it's realli the end of us all.

What happened was that at the above mentioned dinner, another friend had called to reject her invitation because she needed to be alone as one of her own friends had just died the day before. Of course, we couldn't let her do that as she obviously needed to be around people and not alone as she thought, so we quickly decided to shift the venue of the dinner to her place, but she declined saying that she was going to come over instead.. We were a bit skeptical about it, but we decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.. "After-all, we can still go over there if she doesn't show up in half an hour", we reasoned. Well, she showed up sha and she told us what had happened... As it turned out, her friend had slipped into a coma since Friday, out of which she never returned.. She stayed in that coma till Monday which was when she died... She had died of the dreaded
SICKLE-CELL ANEMIA disease..

As some-one who had had a personal experience with the disease, I could understand more than anybody present the kind of sorrow she was experiencing... Trust girls now, we simply turned the gist into one of death and the people we knew who had been taken away from us, whether suddenly or expected.. The general consensus was that
DEATH realli had no way of warning you about its coming. It simply came and went away with your soul... We commisserated with her and did everything within our power to cheer her up.. I guess I can say that we were fairly succesful at that cos' she looked better when she was leaving after the dinner...


As if that wasn't enough excitement for one week, this afternoon, yours truly, went for a check-up at the pharmacy; you know, the whole height, weight, blood pressure etc etc.. Sha no need 4 result details but Imma tell yhu guys that the blood pressure results were definitely not good news sha... Apparently, I have what's called
STAGE-1 HYPERTENSION.
It's caused by stress, weight-gain, and such things that cause heart problems.. All that means is simply my heart contracts faster and harder than normal (systolic) but not so for my heart relaxation (diastolic).. Ps, it doesn't always hapen that way, sha.. Anyways, bottomline is that I have to undergo a complete change of lifestyle and diet and also try de-stressing myslelf, otherwise I might just find myself seriously hypertensive before my 25th birthday (that's just me ooh, it's not from a doctor, soo abeg don't quote me)..

All I could do this evening was just think of everything that had happened this past few months in an attempt to understand exactly how I could have Hypertension, whether stage-1, or 2 or whatever. I mean, like seriously, after yesterday's gory fest about Death, I now realise that I allegedly have Stage-1 Hypertension, how could life get any more exciting (NO, don't answer that). But meehn, like seriously those two incidents alone made me realise say, "OMO dis life na only one ooh... Imagine, barely 20 and 'diagnosed' with Hypertension.. as in hunh?, like WTH? how did that happen??... Abeg, before I start regretting (something I rarely do) my life and stuff, I'd betta fix my lifestyle as advised or waste my time stressing out and stuff..."
Anywyaz, people please take care of yourselves, and your loved ones.. Abeg, dis life no get photocopy ooh!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said,....Life is a stage where we play our part & leave.....Death is no respecter of person!

May her soul rest in peace...i have a first-hand experience of sickle-cell-anemia...not what i would wish on my worst enemy...it's pure torture!

Every 9ja suffers from hypertension o! [pls quote me] our lifestyle is too stressful!...where pesin wan start to tok ehn?....it's through the GRACE OF GOD we are all ALIVE o!

Aeeshah said...

Thnx... AMEN 2 d prayer, lmao @ pls quote me...
Seriously tho' SS anemia is definitely a terror to behold nd I also wuldnt wish d same on my worst enemy, its simply inhumane 2 undergo such crises on an almost daily basis...
Sha, like you sed it's thru God's will that we're still around...

Hope yhu had fun in the UK?? Happy thanksgiving in advance.. :-)

betrayednaijawife said...

hey, thanks for stopping by and showing me some love. i rerslly appreciate it!

i'l take the last line - dis life no get photocopy o..it resonated in me!

Aeeshah said...

Heyy... Yhu're welcome... Thnx 4 visitin' 2!! :-)